Step 1 of 3: Transfering PKCS#12 bundle to your computer
Your certificate and private key must be located in the .globus directory in your home. In the standard LCG setup your private key is found at: ~/.globus/userkey.pem and your certificate at: ~/.globus/usercert.pem.
In order to import your private key and certificate in your browser you must create a pkcs12 bundle. This can be achieved by issuing the command:
- openssl pkcs12 -export -in ~/.globus/usercert.pem -inkey ~/.globus/userkey.pem -name "My Certificate" -out mycertificate.p12
After issuing the above command, you will be asked to enter the pem pass phrase. This is the pass phrase you entered during the initial process of creating the certificate request. Next you will have to enter an export password for the pkcs12 bundle and you will have to use it during the import procedure.
Transfer the pkcs12 bundle to your computer.
Step 2 of 3: Importing CA ROOT certificate into certificate store
- A new window will popup, click open
- Start the import wizard by clicking "Install certificate"
- Complete the wizard by clicking "Finish"
- Click "Yes" at the Security prompt.
Step 3 of 3: Importing your private key and certificate into Internet Explorer / Outlook Express
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click "File -> Open" and then browse to the location of your pkcs#12 bundle you previously transferred to your computer, and open it.
- A new window will appear, click "Next" in two next windows.
- In the next screen, enter your password. This is the export password you entered previously.
- Enable ONLY "Enable strong private key protection. You will be prompted every time the private key is used by an application, if you enable this option."
- DO NOT enable "Mark this key as exportable. This will allow you to backup or transport your keys at a later time."
- Select "Next" in the two following screen, and the "Finish".
- Select "Ok" when the following window appears.